Monday, November 15, 2021

Christmas Magic - Brutus Monroe/Whimsy Stamps Collaboration

 Happy Monday my dear friends! It is getting quite nippy around these parts and this past weekend we finally put all the gardens to bed, covered up the roses, raked the leaves and bought my youngest a new pair of winter boots.  I am now, quite ready to say that it can snow if it so wishes!  We are READY!

I was really happy to be part of a collaboration between Whimsy Stamps and Brutus Monroe.  There is a Instagram Hop that you can go visit. I have the whole hop list over on my account @inkspots

I had never tried any Brutus Monroe products and I had fun playing with some of their wonderful products. I was really happy with how my cards turned out!  I had forgotten how fun creating my own backgrounds can be!



For this first card, I used the Santa image from the Warm Fuzzies Clear Stamp Set. It was stamped with Gina K Black ink onto some Copic X-Pressit paper.  I then colored it with Copic Markers:

E000, E00, E11, R20, C00, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, W00, W1, W3, R35, R37, R39, R59, BG72, BG75, BG78, B63, B66, B69, E40, E43, E44, E47

I fussy cut my image out and then die-cut the sentiment from silver glitter cardstock using the Believe Word and Shadow Die Set.

For the background, I started with some dark purple cardstock that was cut to an A2 size.  I lightly blended some white ink onto the center, and then distress inks in Prize Ribbon and Black Soot.

Once that was all dry,  it was time to add the pretty starry background.  I used my palette knife to blend Galaxy Gold Galaxy Powder with Pearl Chroma Glaze.  I then spread it over the Galaxy Star Stencil which was placed over my cardstock.  I carefully removed it and let it dry completely before adding all the card components.

The snow hills were created using dies from the Stitched Border Trio Die Set and white cardstock. Once they were cut, I blended some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink over top.



For this card, I stamped the Mistletoe Fairy using the same ink and paper that I used on the first card and colored the image with Copic Markers:

E000, E00, E11, R20, E40, E42, E43, E44, C00, C1, C3, 0, BG70, BG72, BG75, YR31, YG61, YG63, YG67, R35, R37, R59

Once again, I fussy cut the image and created the sentiment using silver glitter paper and this time, the Christmas Word Die.

I cut 3 pieces of dark purple cardstock to an A2 size (4.25" x 5.5").  Two of these were then die cut with one of the dies in the Stained Glass Window Die Set and then were adhered together.  These will create my "window" on the card.

With the third piece of cardstock, I blended white ink onto the center and again used distress inks in Prize Ribbon and Black Soot.

Once completely dry, I used an old paint brush to spray tiny drops of White Aqua Pigment and then Gilded Aqua Pigment all over the cardstock.  Once completely dry, I assembled and adhered all the components for my card!

Supplies

Thanks for stopping by! I hope my cards inspired you and don't forget to visit the hop!

Hugs Jeanette xxo



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails