Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Whimsy Stamps Mini Release: Halloween Instagram Blog Hop

 Happy Wednesday, Happy September and Happy Mini Release Day!

It is officially Back to School for our household but in the Crafting World that corresponds to making Halloween cards! LOL!


My first Halloween card using the new release features a new and awesome die set: the Slimline Hourglass Die set.  I cut out the "glass" portion from some plastic packaging and the rest was cut out from cardstock.  I used grey cardstock for the base, top and sides and some beige colored cardstock for the "sand". I then heat embossed these "sand" pieces with some chunky embossing powder to make it look more authentic.

I then used the new Spiders and Web Die set to cut the cobwebs out of silver cardstock and the spiders out of black cardstock. I sponged Black Soot Distress Ink onto the edges of all the components of the hourglass except, of course, the plastic. I had some fun Halloween themed sequins and I placed those between the "glass" along with the spiders and sand before sealing it all up with some liquid glue that dries almost clear.

The background of my card is a paper from the Slimline Lost in Space Paper pack and once I saw all the components together, I decided to die cut the glass die using some vellum and I slide that underneath the hour glass.  It makes the hour glass pop and more easily seen whilst still being able to see the background paper underneath.


Whimsy Stamps is having an Instagram Hop complete with prizes so head over to @whimsystamps over on Instagram to hop along!(the hop will start at 10:00 am EST today)

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails