Sunday, August 1, 2021

E.T.

Happy Sunday my lovelies!  I hope that you have been having a good weekend so far.  It is already August!  Time has flown by this Summer and we are now starting to think about getting ready for school to start in a month.  I hope that the boys can go back to in-person schooling.

AND....since it is the first of the month, it also means that Whimsy Stamps has a new release and it is another winner.  I had a lot of fun creating this card. It took some time but I am really pleased with how it has turned out.

Where to start??? I created the card background by choosing one of the many, awesome papers in the new Slimline Lost in Space Paper pack and die cutting it with one of the dies in the new Revealers 2 Die set.  You can see that over to the upper left of the card.  I then chose another paper from the same set and adhered that behind the first one.  I looks like the "warped" in from another galaxy.  I used the same die to cut out some vellum and you can see that over at the right and in one of the craters.

To create the aliens and spacecraft, I die cut the elements from the new UFO Die Set.  The aliens were die cut from green cardstock and then I added a bit of shading using some green copic markers.  The "beams" were created by die cutting both vellum and acetate and the spacecraft was die cut with glitter paper and glossy metallic paper.  A lot of gluing ensued!!

The letters "E.T" were created using the Quirky ABC Clear Stamp Set and coordinating Quirky ABC Outlines Die Set.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you love this card as much as I do.  I really was so much fun to create and another perfect "boy" card for my stash!

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails