Saturday, July 10, 2021

Just Keep Swimming

Happy Saturday! I hope that your weekend is off to a great start.  We have sunshine and blue skies for a change and I am going to enjoy every minute of it!


Whimsy Stamps has a new release and I couldn't be more smitten with this cute little turtle! He is from the new Under the Sea Clear Stamp Set.  There are a lot more cute ocean cuties in this set and I will be creating more cards with them in the future!

Mr Turtle here was colored with these Copic Markers:
YG00, YG21, YG23, YG25, B02

To create this swirling background around the image, I used one of the papers in the Slimline Taffy Paper Pack as my base.  Then I used one of the dies in the new Revealers 1 Die Set and cut it out using vellum.  Each of these swirls is two pieces of vellum layered over one another.  I used the actual die to trace a white line onto each edge using a White Gelly Roll pen.  The sentiment is from another clear stamp set: Baby Sea Creatures, and was heat embossed using white embossing powder.  As it was a clear stamp, I was able to manipulate it into a curved shape on the mounting block.  This way is seems to be following the curve of the swirl!


Isn't he the cutest??!!!

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Hugs Jeanette xxo


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails