Thursday, June 10, 2021

Dream

 Happy Thursday! I hope that you are having a great day so far, wherever you may be in this great big world of ours.  We have sunshine today so I will be spending some time in my garden. My cucumber and tomato plants are in need of some attention.  They have grown so much and I need to stake them so the can easily grow upwards!  Everything is coming together nicely and it makes me so happy!

Today is a release day over at Whimsy Stamps and it is a great, big, lovely one at that! Here is my first card that I want to share with you.


This sweet little dreamer as well as the tree (it is much larger than this but I cut it to work with my card) are both part of the new Polka Dot Pals Clear Stamp Set.  There are additional stamps of squirrels and leaves and another sentiment but I didn't use them today.  This absolutely not what I had planned with I was creating this card.  I had actually colored up the additional images and cut them out.  Then, I grabbed some of my slimline papers, saw this one and went in a totally different direction!!!

The images were stamped onto Copic X-Pressit paper and colored with the following Copic Markers:

E000, E00, E11, E08, E19, E97, R00, R20, C00, C1, C3,B21, B23, B24, E23, E25, E27

I created the mat for my card base by cutting some dark blue/teal paper using the largest die in the Slimline Cornered Rectangles Die Set.  Then, using the next largest die, I cut out my patterned paper which is from the Enchanted Garden Slimline Paper Pack.

I cut out the letters for my sentiment from X-Pressit paper using the new Cutie ABC Die Set.  Then I used the blue Copic markers to color in each letter, adding some white highlight with a White Gel Pen.  The letters were adhered using my Zig Glue Pen.  It is my personal favorite when glueing intricate and small pieces to a project.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope this sweet scene of a wee boy dreaming of castles has made you smile and perhaps inspired you to create something similar.  This would make a great bookmark!

Hugs Jeanette xxo






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails