Monday, February 1, 2021

Sending Hugs

 Happy Monday, Happy February and Happy Whimsy Release day!  I am so excited to share  this card with you today!

Slimline cards are super popular these days and the new Slimline Scalloped Edge Pocket die is the perfect way to create a pocket for your slimline cards.  

To create the pocket card, I die cut the scalloped pocket out of cardstock and adhered it to a piece of cardstock measuring 3.5 x 8".  I then cut out a piece of patterned paper from the Heart pack measuring 3.25 x 7.75".

I die cut another piece of patterned paper with the small mat die that is included in the set.  The die set also comes with a piece that will cut butterflies out of the mat but I didn't use it.  Instead I used the die cut pieces from the Slimline Hearts Background die to create hearts and then adhered them to my mat instead.

I cut the insert to so that it would fit into the pocket. I used Neenah cardstock as I knew that I would be coloring my image with copic markers.  Now, this bunny set is definitely not new but I really love it an use it often.  These days it is so good for cards to send off to friends that we are not able to see and hug in person. Today I used it for a Valentine's Day card.

Above is a close-up of the image. I used the following copic markers:

W00, W1, W3, E40, E41, E42, R02, R32, R35, R37, 0


Thanks for stopping by! I hope that this card inspires you to send out some hugs of your own!

Stay Safe

Hugs Jeanette xxo


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails