Wednesday, February 3, 2021

St.Patrick's Day!

Happy Wednesday! We received quite a bit of snow yesterday and everything looks so pretty! Next month we will be celebrating St.Patrick's Day and with no parade happening again this year, maybe sending out some cute cards will get people into the spirit!


The starting point for this card was the lush paper from Whimsy Stamps' Slimline St.Patrick's Day Paper Pack.  It is filled with the most gorgeous papers! I had a hard time picking which one that I wanted to use!

I created the wavy edge by die-cutting the paper using one of the dies in the Slimline Envelope Edger Die Set.  I cut it once out of the patterned paper and once out of some Neenah cardstock.  I layered the two and adhered them to my card-base, but before doing this, I cut out the circle using one of the circles in the Pierced and Stitched Circle Die set.  I die-cut the same sized circle out of some Bristol Smooth Cardstock.  I will use that for the colored sentiment!

I used one of the stamps from the St.Patrick's Day Gold Clear stamp set to stamp the circle shaped sentiment and since it was on Bristol smooth cardstock, I was able to color it using Zig Markers.  My favorite duo for watercoloring!  I adhered it onto my card and it is slightly recessed. 



This sweet penguin is a digital stamp from Whimsy Stamps. It is called  Lucky Shamrock Penguin.  I printed it onto some Neenah cardstock and colored it in using the following Copic Markers:

0, W3, W5 ,W7, YG11, YG03, YG17, Y23, Y26

I then fussy cut the image and adhered it so my card.  There are so many variations to this card.  Change out the patterned paper, switch out the sentiment, change the image or leave it off all together.  Whatever you choose will make the card uniquely yours!



That is is for me today. Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you have a great rest of the day and maybe find some time to get crafty!
Stay Safe.
Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails