Saturday, February 13, 2021

Fairy Garden

 Happy Saturday!  Hoping all is well.  I feel as if this month is flying by at a faster rate than last!

I have an all die-cut no coloring card to share with you. I must admit, I rather like how fast I can create a card if I am not coloring up an image.


The new Build-a-Fairy Garden Die Set offers so many possibilities. For today's card, I decided to die-cut all the pieces out of Kraft Cardstock.  The only things that were cut out of white cardstock were the dots for the toadstools and the Celebrate word die sentiment. 

I used various Distress Inks to softly blend color over the Kraft cardstock and I really love the muted effect that was achieved.  I think I will be doing this more often.

To "brighten" up the little fairies, I also blended some white ink onto them.  This way I think there is enough contrast to make them stand out.

Once everything was blended and adhered to the top panel, I added it to a white slimline sized card-base.  I had already die cut out all the little stars - don't worry - the die is included in the set and cuts out a lot all at once!  I did use it several times to cover the whole space but it didn't take up too much time.  I then added a little more detail by using a white pen to add some dots - particularly around the fairies' wands.



Thanks for stopping by today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and Stay Safe!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails