Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Enchanted Forest

 Happy Wednesday! We have made it half-way through the week already and today I can share a new slimline card with because it is release day over at Whimsy Stamps!

In the past few releases, Whimsy has had gorgeous slim-line card sized patterned cardstock. I use the word card-stock instead of paper because it is very thick and sturdy, not flimsy at all.  Each release has a theme and I have fallen so hard for each and every one of them. You can choose one of these papers and decide what you will add to the already beautiful background to create your card.

I love all the images in this new Enchanted Forest Slimline Paper Pack.  Especially this scene.  It feels magical, quiet and serene...so what better image than a beautiful mermaid to relax in this secret nook?


This is a digital image is called Mermaid Bath and is part of the Some Odd Girl Collection.  I have had the image for a while but haven't used it because I was trying to imagine a background for her! Once I knew I would be using this Slimline background all I had to do was print her out, sizing the image so that it would fit perfectly.

I printed the image onto Copic X-Pressit paper and then colored her using Copic Markers:

E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, RV14, E55, E51, 0, YG00, YG21, YG11, BG11, BG13, BG23, BG49, E30, E31, E33, E35, W7, W9

I created the shadowed effect on the image, I blended Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Distress ink onto the edges of the image after all my Copic Coloring was done.  It is very important to leave the ink blending as the last step, otherwise, you can damage you copic tips if you use them over the ink!

I added white highlight details using a Posca pen.  You'll find it linked below.  It is my favorite pen to use to add white dot and highlight details.



That is it for me! Thanks for taking the time to stop by. I hope that you have a great rest of the day!

Stay Safe

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails