Friday, November 1, 2019

Christmas Mice–Whimsy November Release

Happy Friday and Happy November!  It is once again time for a new release from Whimsy Stamps and I am super excited with all the new Christmas themed products! I could not resist these sweet mice from the Very Mice Clear Stamp set.



The expressions on their faces are so sweet! I stamped the image using Memento London Fog ink so that I get a softer look. It isn’t  “no-line” coloring but it almost is!  I colored with Copic Markers and then went over some of the areas with colored pencils to deepen some of the shadows.  Always use your pencils after your copics, otherwise you will ruin your copic markers.



Originally, I had chosen another piece of patterned paper for this card, but after having completed the coloration, I realized that it was too “busy” and was actually competing with the image.  I found this paper instead and I think it ties in with the wee mouse’s scarf and compliments the image without overpowereing it!

The paper was cut using one of the dies in the Wavy Edgers Die Set.  I absolutely love the pretty scalloped curve and how it looks at the top of my card.  I then used my favorite Christmas Large Word Die to create my sentiment.  I cut it out twice and adhered them together before adding to my card.  I love the extra dimension.

Here’s a close-up of these adorable mice!




Supplies



Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs Jeanette xxo

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Jeanette, your mice are adorable, beautiful card. Jeanette, New Zealand.

Lisa Resnick said...



I’m glad you enjoyed it
clipping path service

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails