Sunday, October 27, 2019

Ellie the Special Reindeer

Happy Sunday! It is a special day as we have another release for Whimsy Stamps this October.  I am especially in love with the two new items that I have used today on my card!  These are available as preorder right now at the store.  I have them linked for you below. 

The very sweet, some would say slightly bashful elephant is such a fun image. Ellie the Special Reindeer is a rubber stamp that I inked up with London Fog Memento ink. This is lighter than the ink that I usually use. I wanted the lines to be less pronounced and to blend inot the grey colors of the elephant.  I first colored the image using Copic markers and then I went over some of the areas with Polychromos colored pencils.  I went over the eyes using a 0.03 copic multiliner and then added a highlight detail used a white pen.

After fussy-cutting the image out, I added glossy accents to the bauble and then whilst it was still wet, I sprinkled some fine glitter over top.  Once it was dry, I had a lovely, sparkley bauble for sweet Ellie.


I created a standard A2 sized card base using some cream colored cardstock.  This just seemed slightly softer and went well with the patterned paper that I used.  These are just scraps that I had been holding onto but they made a nice background for Ellie.

I also used the new Twinkle stencil over the part of the cardbase that didn’t have any patterened paper.  I heat embossed it using gold embossing powder from WOW.  Then I die cut the Christmas word die using some gold foiled paper.


Supplies

I am so happy with how this all turned out and I hope it inspires you in your Christmas card-making!
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs Jeanette xxo



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails