Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Sweet November | Spider Web Sylvia

Happy Monday Everyone! If you have been following me for a while, you may remember how much I loved the Sweet November line of images illustrated by the very talented Amy Young. A few years ago, she stopped releasing new images for Sweet November and I have always, always missed them.  I was so happy and delighted when I saw her announcement that she was returning to the land of Sweet November and that 7 Kids Craft store would be releasing a Halloween set of digital stamps.  I bought all four of her images and also got a background bundle of 4 other images.  I was so excited that I already have created a card!

I decided to start with this image; Spider Web Sylvia but I sized her quite big and cropped out a lot of the image.  I wanted a close-up of her face.  At the same time, I added this sentiment.  I thought it went well with the image. I think that she looks to intent in her spell casting! This is why I love digital images. You can really change their size and add you own sentiments and/or combine them effortlessly with other images.

I also set the opacity of the image to quite low (14%) so that the lines were very, very faint.  I haven’t used this “no-line” coloring technique in a while as it is a bit more challenging and requires a lot more time.  Since it was the long weekend and I did find myself with some “me” time, I took the opportunity to really enjoy and relax and color this image up.  I am super happy with how it all turned out!

I used a TON of markers! Here is the very long list ;)

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E04, R30, R20

Eyelids: BV000, BV00, BV01

Lips: E11, E04

Hair: E50, E33, E15, E17, E10

Hat & Dress: 0, N1, N3, N5, N7

Background:BV000, BV00, BV01, BV02

I traced the lines of the spiderweb and the lines around her neckline with a POSCA white pen.  I love how it pops on the card!  I also couldn’t resist adding some glitter to her eyelids courtesy of Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen!

I am going to enter this over at the 7 Kids Customers Create page on Facebook.  They are having a little challenge and the lucky winner will win the October release from Sweet November! I am just stoked that there is going to be another release! Cannot wait!

If you are interested in this new release you can find it –>HERE.

Have a great day!

Hugs Jeanette


1 comment:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is spectacular!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails