Saturday, September 1, 2018

Whimsy September Release Day #1

Happy Saturday! I hope that you are having a wonderful day and weekend so far. I think for many of us, this is the last weekend of Summer.

I have a new card to share with you that features one of the new release products for Whimy’s September release as well as a product that was released last month. One of the things that I love about Whimsy is the attention that they give to making sure that past products and new products will work beautifully together.

To create the webbed background, I stamped the Web Background Rubber Stamp onto some Neenah Solar Crest White cardstock using Versamark ink.  I stamped it using my Misti tool as I find I get the clearest and cleanest impressions this way.  Next, I sprinkled on various colors of embossing powder.  I used my old Ranger Distress Ink powders in Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Weathered Wood and Dusty Concord.  I am unable to find this in any stores to be able to link them for you and I think that they may be discontinued. I have had them a looong time. So, if you do own these, great. If you don’t I was able to find some pretty close dupes in the Wendy Vecchi line of embossing powders from Ranger. I have linked those below for you.  I cut it to size and then lightly sponged some Pumice stone distress ink around the edges.

The image is the Pumpkin Patch Rubber Stamp by Dovecraft studios. I absolutely loved how easy this was to color up. The shadows are already added in for you, so a simple coloration is quickly done by yields such pretty results.  I will list the copic makers that I used and you will find them under the supply list. A little fussy cutting was needed and then the image was added to the card using a combination of liquid and tape adhesive.

The sentiment was created by using the Thankful die from the Gratitude Word Die Set. It was cut out of some green cardstock and them embossed with the same green embossing powder that I used for the spider web. It was adhered to the card using some Nuvo liquid adhesive.



Web Background Rubber Stamp

*NEW Web Background Rubber Cling Stamp

Pumpkin Patch Rubber Stamp

Pumpkin Patch Rubber Cling Stamp

Gratitude Word Die Set

Gratitude Word Die Set

Versamark

VersaMark Full-Size Ink Pad - Original (Clear)

Copic Markers:

Pumpkin: YR12, YR24, YR18, YR27

Leaves/Vines: YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99

Flowers: E81, E84


I hope you enjoyed this blog post and the new card. I was so happy with how it turned out and I actually have it propped up in our family room to remind me to be thankful!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails