Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Christmas Series 2018 | Day 1–Christmas Wishes Album Page

Happy Tuesday and Welcome to the first day in my Christmas 2018 Series. Now, I know that some of you are thinking that this is much, much too early for this BUT I know that if I don’t start early, I begin to feel increasingly worried that I will not get all my ideas created. Starting early lets me relax and enjoy and that, after all, is what it really is all about.  If you are like me, read on. If not, stop by my blog later on and closer to the holidays and it will still all be here for you.  All the projects will be tagged Christmas 2018.

To kick off the series, I created an album page for my December Daily album.  The pop-up or tunnel card adds an interactive detail to the album that I always love to incorporate.  I had the inspiration to add a pop-up card to a page after seeing THIS video by Jennifer McGuire. She does, as always, an awesome job sharing how to create this card type. If you feel that you would rather simplify matters, a simple top folded card with an oval shape die-cut out of the front will also work really nicely!  You can also just create the card and send it out at Christmas. It lays pretty flat when closed!


The starting off point for this page was of course the lovely image: Ruby’s Christmas Wish Rubber Stamp. I knew that I wanted to color her up in tones of red and pulled out the Christmas Cheer Paper Pack and choose a few papers that I wanted to incorporate into the album page.  All my markers choices were referenced agaist the paper so that they were a good match. All the coloring is shown in my video (below) and the marker numbers are listed as I use them. You will also find them down at the bottom of my post.

The page itself measures 6” x 8” so that it will fit nicely into my December Daily album.  I decided to use the glitter paper on the top portion to lighten up the page and to tie in to all the die cut snowflakes and the Christmas sentiment.  A few bits of ribbon and glitter tape along the mid point of the page adds some interest AND hides where the patterned and glitter paper meet. I did also add a couple of dark grey glitter adhesive dots to the upper right of the page.  I like how they balance everything out.

I love the pop-up or tunnel effect here. I think it will be an awesome little surprise in the album and I love the different layers with the twinkling snowflakes. In Jennifer’s video, she just uses cardstock for her layers but I used the patterned paper which was thick enough for the project. I used the Basic Stitched Oval Die Set to die cut all the oval shapes. It may seem daunting but if you follow along in my video, you will see that it is easy!

Here is a side view so that you can see how it looks when it is opened up. When closed, it lays pretty flat and won’t add too much bulk to your album.

I didn’t want to color the background behind the image but I did want to make sure it popped off the page, so I outlined the image with a light grey marker.


Video Tutorial:
Click HERE to view in HD format


The following can all be purchased at Whimsy Stamps Online store:

Ruby’s Christmas Wish Rubber Stamp


Christmas Large Word Die

Christmas Large Word Die

Snowflakes Die Set

Snowflakes Dies

Basic Stitched Oval Die Set

Basic Stitched Ovals Die Set

Christmas Cheer Paper Pack

Christmas Cheer 6x6 Designer Paper

Supplies:


Copic Markers;

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

Hair: E50, YR31, E42, E33

Dress: R08, R29, YG97, E09

Coat: E41, E43, E40, 0, W1, W3, W00

Stockings: W1, W3, W00, R29, R08

Presents: W1, W3, W00, YR31, YR24, R29, R08

Stars: YR31, YR24

Thanks for stopping by! If you don’t want to miss the rest of this Christmas series, you can subscribe using the linky on my side bar OR you can subscribe directly to my YouTube channel so as not to miss a single video!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

1 comment:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Jeanette, this is such a gorgeous creation hun. I always love seeing your creations in progress! Hanging out for the next vid' now. :) Hugs, Wends xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails