Friday, September 7, 2012

A bunch of shares :)

Happy Friday my lovelies! I have a ton of projects to share with you that I haven’t had time to post. So, I apologize for such a long post, but I wanted to share some of these while they were still fresh and relevant!

I did spend a lot of time in my craft studio working on some new releases….my Silhouette was clanking away ALL day! Seriously, I adore my machine but can it be any louder? I can’t wait to share all my new Fall and Halloween creations with you!

For now, I will share a few makes that I made for my boys for Back to School :) First is a tag that I made for my youngest to attach to his school bag. This year he wanted (and needed) a larger bag than the one he had for Kindergarten and Grade 1. He ended up choosing one that is almost identical to one of his big brothers and I wanted to identify his so that there was no mix-up.

051 copy

Of course, Henry is a huge favorite in this household and he chose this Super Henry digital image for his tag. He also specified the colors that he wanted. I have to admit, they look great! The image was colored with copic, I added the background with a prismacolor pencil and then the tag was laminated and punched with a large eyelet for durability.

I also made a bookmark for each boy. I am a HUGE reader and I have passed this down to my boys. I thought to make them each a bookmark that was personalized with a special message and encouragement for the year to come! I decided to make them a little “less” cutesy by opting not to color in the images. I really like how they turned out and the boys were all thrilled with their little gift.

054 copy

064 copy

I used my Silhouette to cut out the shapes for the bookmarks. I forgot to take a photo of the back but is actually has a tab so that it sits in the book nicely. Again, I used jumbo eyelets and added some fun striped ribbon and twine to the top. The sentiments are from various Verve Stamp sets and were stamped with my new favorite: Hero Arts Wet Cement ink. I love how it gives almost a water-marked effect :) I did add a tiny pop of color on each bookmark by using some Atyou Spica pens. Here are the links for these images. The blue one is a digi but the pink ones are both rubber stamps :)

  Around the world

Here is my card for this fort-night’s Whiff of Joy Challenge. The theme is “all-white”

002 copy

I created this sympathy card by using a Stampin Up embossing folder and this elegant Whiff of Joy sentiment with matching die. I added a little hint of color by sponging with Hero Arts Soft Pool ink. The ribbon and brad are also from WoJ. Here are the links:

  

And finally, here is my card for this week’s LLLC Friday Inspiration. The theme this week is “Flowers".

139 copy

I have really wanted to use this Kimono Marci stamp and paper-piece her kimono and parasol. I have had this paper pad “Serentity” from Bo Bunny for awhile now and it was the perfect match for my image. The card came together so very quickly and I love how it turned out :) The bonsai tree and the sentiment are also part of this cute set.

Copic Markers:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20
Hair: B00, C3, C5, C7, C9
Kimono Bands: BG45, BG49, YG63, YG67
C3 & C1 for shading on patterned paper

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you found a wee bit of inspiration today! This weekend we are canning tomatoes……an annual endeavour that we undertake with our neighbours. It is back-breaking, honest, hard work and everyone in the two families gets involved. The result is gorgeous, delicious tomato sauce for the entire year. I will try to get some photos for you :)

Hugs Jeanette xxo

7 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards and tags.

Hugs Riet.xx

Heidi said...

You make wonderful things ♥ I really love your style

Hugs and love
Heidi

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card- and the tags are great too! The paper piecing is wonderful- love the coloring and the DSP is perfect!

Deirdre said...

What an amazing selection of creations - love them all. Those bookmarks are fabulous and I love your LLLC card. So thrilled to be guesting with you gals for a couple of weeks.

marion said...

What a lovely project for our white on white challenge, so glad you could join us. Thanks for playing with us at WOJ challenges. Hugs, Marion

Jules said...

I just love what you have done with Kimono Marci, can you please tell me what you mean by paper piecing her kimono. Does this mean you stamped the image on the pp and then another on white and then put the 2 pieces together. Sorry to ask put I'm always looking for new techniques.

Kelly said...

Awwww, she is so cute! Love your papers too. Hugs, Kelly x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails