Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Noel - Watercolor Poinsettia

 Happy Wednesday! Hope that the week is going well for you all.  The last mini release for October is live over at Whimsy Stamps and I have a new card to share with you all!


This beautiful poinsettia is one of the images in the new Vintage Poinsettia Clear Stamp Set.  I knew right away that I wanted to emboss it with gold and then watercolor it.  I love how it looks!

I pulled out my Luminarte Twinkling H20s and spent a lovely afternoon watercoloring.  When you emboss the image first, it makes it so much easier to keep the colors running into one another as the embossing serves as a barrier.  After the coloring was completely dry, I went in with a white gel pen to add some highlights to the background as well as to the center of the flower.

The sweet sentiment comes with the same stamp set and was also embossed in gold. I then cut out the image using the largest die in the Notched Rectangles Die Set.  I created a red mat for it.  This makes it pop against the all-white cardbase.  I found a few red adhesive gems in my stash and popped them onto each corner and then, my card was DONE!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your day and that you get a chance to get creative today!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails