Thursday, April 1, 2021

Friend

 Happy Thursday and Happy April Fool's Day! Did someone play a trick on you today?  Mother Nature pulled a wee prank...we woke up to SNOW!!! Which makes the fact that I am posting this very spring-themed card today very ironic!  It is all fine. I am sure that this snow will melt and we will get our Springtime very soon!


Today is release day over at Whimsy Stamps and as I like to do, I have mixed some new product with some previously released to create this happy, Spring card.

The new product is the gorgeous paper from the Slimline Buttercup Paperpack.  Each and every paper is gorgeous and I used 4 of the patterns for my card today.

I used the Slimline Scalloped Edge Pocket Die to create the pocket portion of the card.  I adhered it to my base using some strong ScorePal tape so that it would be really secure. The little butterflies are cut using the same die set.  For the sentiment I used the Friend Word and Shadow die set and cut it out of some white cardstock.

The wonderful image is a digital stamp illustrated by Crissy Armstrong.  I thought it was the perfect image for an Easter card.  It is aptly called Cuddle Bunny.  I colored the image using Copic Markers that were chosen to match the paper.  This in one of my favorite ways to choose a color palette for my image.

Copic Markers Used:
Face: E50, E51, E53, E93, E95, R30, R20, R24
Hair: E40, E41, E42, E44
Dress: Y0000, Y000, Y21, Y23M Y26
Ribbons: B00, B52, B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
Shoes: W1, W3, W5
Bunny: 0, W00, W1
Flowers: C00, Y21, YR12
Sky: BG000, BG01, BG02, BG10, BG11, BG23
Grass: YG21, YG23

After coloring the image, I die cut it using the Spring Ovals Die Set.  Then I finished up my coloring in the background, again with copic markers.  I used a very old punch to create the tab for the top of my colored insert.  The final touch was to add a couple of flower shaped buttons to the sides and then my card was done!


Thanks for stopping by today!
Stay Safe
Hugs Jeanette xxo



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails