Sunday, July 14, 2019

Seas the Day!

Happy Sunday! Doesn’t this pun make a cute sentiment for a card?  I am popping in this lovely weekend to share a fun little ocean scene card.  It seems like all my cards are ocean themed these days but I am loving the chance to play with all the aquas and blues.  Summer is so fleeting.

This sweet turtle and the punny sentiment are both from the Baby Sea creatures clear stamp set from Whimsy Stamps.  I colored the turtle up using Copic markers before fussy cutting him out.

I didn’t want the scene to steal the show so I decided to die cut the elements from the Build an Ocean Die set using white cardstock. To create the ocen background, I stamped and embossed the Mini Bubble rubber stamp using white embossing powder.  I then used my new Picket Fence blender brush to softly add some Tumbled Glass distress ink over top.  I carefully wiping the inside and the outlines of the bubbles to remove the ink.

The sentiment was also embossed onto black cardstock and then cut to size.

To frame the scene up, I used the awesome Zig Zag Stitched rectangles.  I love that stitched detail!


Supplies

That is it for me! I am off to go sailing on the lake! It is a beautiful day with some wind so we will be flying!

Hugs Jeanette xxo



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails