Wednesday, May 1, 2019

The Heart Remembers–No Line Coloration

Happy Wednesday and Happy May! I sure hope it feels like May weather where you are, because here, not so much.  We actually had a frost advisory last night! However, I am keeping myself distracted by spending some lovely time in my craft studio working on the new May Release from Whimsy Stamps.  Here is my first card!


I love this new Best Buddies Clear Stamp Set and for some reason, I was brought back to my old readers from school and the way they were illustrated.  For that reason, I went with a no-line coloration using my Polychromos pencils and blending them with gamsol.  I wanted a simple and vintage look for this card.  I created a panel using last month’s release: the Pretty Pastels 6x6 paper pack and made my image the focal point by cutting it our and framing it using the Pierced and Stitched CIrcle Dies.

I heat embossing the sentiment onto vellum using Wow Blue Topaz and then cut it out using the Quick Strips Die Set. It was a little hard to see the sentiment, so I cut another tag with some white cardstock and added to the back of the vellum and that made the sentiment pop.  The final addition was to add some Summer Breeze Enamel Dots. I use these on a lot of my simple cards because they add just a little something to the card to make it more interesting but they in no way detract from the focus of the card.


Polychromos Used:

White 9201-101

Ultramarine 9201-120

Turquoise 9201-154

Light Green 9201-168

Light Fkesh 9201-152

Cinnamon 9201-189

Raw Umber 9201-180

Burnt Sienna 9201-283

Walnut Brwon 9201-177

Black 9201-199

Warm Grey 9201-233

Pale Geranium 9201-121


Best Buddies Clear Stamp Set

*NEW Best Buddies Clear Stamps

*NEW Pierced and Stitched Circles Die Set

Quick Strips Die Set

Quick Strips Die Set

Summer Breeze Enamel Dots

*NEW Summer Breeze Enamel Dots

Pretty Pastels 6x6 paper pack

*NEW 6x6 Paper Pack - Pretty Pastels


Thanks for swinging by this lovely May morning and I will catch you soon with another card from this new release!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails