Monday, July 9, 2018

Sunshine | Whimsy Stamps July Release

Happy Monday! I actually have started this blog post a few times, but summer activities have interrupted! We took two of the kids to Ottawa this past Friday to see the Lego Exhibi; The Art of the Brick at the Canadian Science Museum. If you have the opportunity to visit this exhibit, I highly recommend it. I was absolutely blow away by it. I wasn’t anything that I was expecting and my husband and I enjoyed it as much as our lego builder extraordinaire.  I love that this exhibit will encourage him to keep buidling his own lego creations.


We also went to the National Gallery to see an Impressionist exhibit.  It was an art-filled day.  Then yesterday, my youngest was in his very first sailing regatta.  He did great and it was such a beautiful day to sit by the lake.

Today is a lovely, sunshiney kind of day and therefore the perfect day to share this card. I used two of the new July release products to create this card: a brand new image from Elisabeth Bell called Sunshine and the Bold ABC Die SetI also used Whimsy’s Sun Ray Stencil to add those glorious rays of sunshine!  I absolutely love this die and use it ALL the time!

When I saw this sweet image, it immediately made we feel that she had her face up to the sun, feeling the lovely warmth of the sunshine.  So, I used the Sun Ray Stencil and sponged it will Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade and Squeezed Lemonade distress inks.  I used one of the dies in the Stitched Landscape Trio to cut some mat, sparkle paper that I thought looked a lot like sand. I used the same paper and cut out the letters for the word “Sunshine” with the new Bold ABC Die Set.  After adhering everything to my card base, I added some gold sequins in various sizes and shades.  I had these in my stash!

Sunshine

*NEW Sunshine

Bold ABC Die Set

*NEW Bold ABC Die Set

Sun Rays Stencil:

Sun Rays Stencil

Stitched Landscape Trio

Stitched Border Die Trio

Distress Ink Pads

Copic Markers

That’s it for me today! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails