Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Stamp & Create Makes

Happy Wednesday! It is hump day and the boys are more than half-way through mid-term week! Just two more days and then they will be able to relax…me too…..they like me to quiz them.

I have a couple of cards to show you today :) The first one is for Challenge # 27 for Stamp & Create with Magnolia. The theme is “In Love”. I decided to make a small 3x4” card. I can use it for my Project Life album or even add it to a card base if I need a quick card.

DSC_6748 copy

Although this looks pretty basic, I actually did a lot to this small piece of cardstock. First I stamped Tilda with Dot Bow onto Neenah cardstock that I pre-cut to 3x4”. After coloring her, I masked her and stamped the brick wall underneath. It is an Impression Obsession background stamp called Distress Brick and I used Hero Arts Wet cement ink. For the sky, I stamped another Impression Obsession stamp. This one is called Spatter and I used Hero Arts Soft Pool. Then, to soften it, I sprayed Mr Huey in white over the whole card. I pulled of the mask, added the little charm and stamped the sentiment (Ali Edwards) in Hero Arts Soft Tomato. Done :)

To join the challenge, follow the theme and link your card. The prize is:

My next card is one that I made for an upcoming birthday. I used an oldie but still one of my favorites: Maid Charlotte from Whiff of Joy! Love the happy expression on her face:)

DSC_6766 copy

I pulled out some seriously old Stampin’ Up patterned paper. It was in my scrap drawer and I cannot even recall which collection it was in, but I love the small delicate flowers and the lovely tone of blue. I added some blue seam binding, a die-cut heart (using the new LLLC die) and some adhesive pearls.

DSC_6767 copy

Lacey just posted that the new Whimsy release is available. Better get there before I do~ HaHa!

Have a good one!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails