Saturday, July 27, 2013

Whiff of Joy July Monthly Project

Happy Saturday Everyone! It is the last Saturday of the month and that means that it is time for our monthly project theme! Every month, the Whiff of Joy Design Team will work on the same Project theme and we will post all our interpretations on this blog the last Saturday of each month!

Here are links to our themes from the past months, in case you missed them:)

This month’s theme is:
Summer Table Decor

Since it is my youngest son’s birthday party today, I decided to make some cute table decorations using the Whiff of Joy Spring kit. It is Birthday themed and is too cute. You could try this using any of the Whiff of Joy images and it would look great.

I created the rosette shapes using some pretty old SU! paper packs and my Silhouette SD die-cutting machine. You could very easily create the rosettes by using a scoring tool…it would just take a little longer.

DSC_4692 copy

DSC_4693 copyDSC_4695 copy

All the images were colored with Copic Markers and then cut leaving a small white outline around each. This ensures that you don’t lose details like the balloon strings etc. I added Wink of Stella glitter pen to the balloons but it did not photograph very well. IRL they Shimmer, you’ll just have to take my word for it!

I hot glued the rosettes and images together and glued a wooden skewer to the back of  each one. I then used coordinating ribbon and buttons to decorate the skewer. It looked a little bare on its own. The cups are simple disposable plastic ones that I filled with some inexpensive pickling salt. I added some washi tape to each rim to match the rosettes.

Here are close-ups for you:

DSC_4698 copyDSC_4699 copyDSC_4700 copyDSC_4701 copyDSC_4702 copy

 

Here are some product links for you. The images were part of the special Spring Whiff of Joy kit.

2 comments:

mgoll88 said...

Very nice decoration, perfect for the next birthday party

LG
Michaela

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh my goodness.. this is just too darn cute. Great table décor.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails