Monday, April 15, 2013

Stamp & Create & Magnolia Challenge

Happy Monday! Hope your week is off to a good start. It is warm here and is actually starting to look like Spring so I am a happy girl! It seemed like Winter hung on forever this time around.

I spent a good part of the week-end clearing out my craft room. It was time. I had way too much stuff and way too much going on in there. Since I have started sewing, there has been thread and bits of fabric competing with paper and ribbons and it just became crazy. So, I went through all my cupboards and drawers and purged what I don’t need. I will have to carve out some time to get some of the stamps and supplies listed on ebay. I re-located my fabric and sewing machine and supplies to our laundry room. I have a good amount of cupboard space in there and of course the ironing board is in there as well. I think it will make my sewing time more efficient and I will be more efficient in my craft room when there is nothing else competing for space. I moved things around to make more sense work-flow wise. I will try to get some pictures up for you guys soon.

In the meantime, here is my card for Stamp & Create and it also fits the Stamp & Create with Magnolia Challenge. The theme is Spring with  Ribbons.

DSC_3508 copy

I used Magnolia's Waterlily Tilda from their Summer Memories 2012 release. I have had this stamp for ages now but have finally gotten round to inking her up. I wanted a very soft coloration, so I pulled out my Distress ink and Twinkling H20s to color with.

This will be an insert for my Project Life album and so, I have kept the bulk to a minimum but added a few bits & bobs. I added this pretty star charm and cut butterflies out with dies using paper from MME's Miss Caroline paper pack. The sentiment is from MFT.

Here is a close-up of the coloring and you can see the gorgeous shimmer from the H20s a little better.

DSC_3507 copy

You can enter the current Stamp & Create Magnolia challenge ~here~.

The new Stamp & Create weekly candy is:

Wanda Wicked from Kenny K

**In order to enter the candy, you must post the Stamp and Create's Store Logo in the side bar of your blog and link it to www.stampandcreate.com...

The candy end Sunday, April 21st at 7pm EST
You can still enter the candy if you do not have a blog.

Enter candy here

Thanks for swinging by my friends. Have a great rest of the day!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

4 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

mgoll88 said...

A wonderfulll cars Project!
Love that beautiful image and teh way you colored it is gorgeous!
The Phrase goes perfect with it, great job!

LG
Michaela

Ruth Ann Hunter said...

I absolutely love this card! The sentiment you used is wonderful and the colors are so soft. As for you sewing you go girl.....moving your sewing to the laundry room was the perfect move. That's where I have mine with my craft room in a different room and it works great that way. hugs, Ruth Ann

Sandy said...

Jeanette this is so sweet and your coloring is gorgeous to say the least. Love it!!
Sandy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails