Monday, April 6, 2020

Happy Birthday Human!

Happy Monday Everyone.  We just finished the weekend but frankly, everyday is starting to feel the same to me so it doesn’t have the same meaning that it used to!

Today I have another new card from Whimsy Stamp’s April release.  This Over the Moon Clear Stamp set it so fun and you can mix the characters up to create many different card themes. For this card I thought that it would be fun to add a slider component to it so that the rocket can slide across the card. It is easier than you think. Let me take you through this card’s process.




I started by blending various distress and distress oxide inks onto some Bristol Smooth Cardstock.  I furthur distressed it by spritzing it with water. I then used one of the dies in the Kinetics Basic Straight Die set to cut an opening to allow the rocket to slide.  I heat embossed the greeting using some metallic silver embossing powder.


I also cut a slider out of left over distressed bristol cardstock as well as a couple of the round pieces (all included in the same die set).  I then adhered the card top to the cardbase using foam tape.  This raises it off the card so that the slider will slide freely.  Be careful not to add any foam near where the slider moves so that you don’t get in its’ way.  I then slid the slider into position, adhered one of the round pieces on top, added a piece of foam to the round piece and then added the second round piece.  Then I attached the rocket to the top round piece with plain tape runner.


Lastly, I adhered the rest of the images to the card and added a little more sparkle with a silver metallic gel pen.


That’s it for me today! Have a great rest of the day and stay safe!
Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails