Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Hero Themed Cards | Whimsy Stamps + Video

Happy Wednesday!  Hope you are having a great week. I think for many of you, the school year has drawn to a close and you are already enjoying Summer! We have a wee bit still left in the school year and as it involves many end of the year exams, all is a bit quiet and serious here in the house. Except for the eldest who is already finished school…….it is a little bit to juggle!

I was really happy to see this new clear stamp set from Whimsy entitled “HEROES”. I think it is a lovely idea to create these gratitude-type cards to give out to the heroes in your community.

I wanted to take a very basic and simple approach with these cards. I didn’t want them to be fussy but I still wanted them to look good! By using stencils to create single layered cards, I was able to achieve the look that I wanted. The watercoloring is not precise or perfect but I like the way it looks.



Video Tutorial:
Click HERE to view in HD format

Supplies:

Whimsy Stamps Online Store:

Heroes Clear Stamp Set

*NEW Heroes

Swish Stencil

Swish Stencil

Farmhouse Basket Stencil

Farmhouse Basket Stencil

 


Distress Inks

Chipped Sapphire

Broken China

Spiced Marmalade

Old Paper

Dried Marigold

Black Soot

Candied Apple

 

Hero Arts Soft Yellow

Zig Markers: Yellow 050, Bright Yellow 052 

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails