Friday, February 28, 2014

Lawn Fawn Critters

Happy Friday! I am especially happy as the boys are now off for a week :) Yippee for March break. That means that I don’t have to get up so early next week and it also means…….I don’t have to make school lunches for them. I am sure you know what I mean! I don’t like making the sandwiches the night before and my eldest loves to bring left-overs so part of my morning routine is to get everything made. To make it a little easier, I do bake batches of muffins and freeze them to pop them into their bags so at least that part is fast and my eldest is now helping out too. Still, a whole week of not having to do it is making me smile :)

So, here is a card that I made a while back and then never had the opportunity to post. As Winter doesn’t seem to want to relinquish its hold on us just yet, I thought I could still show it.

I used some Lawn Fawn stamps with coordinating dies. It is so lovely to have the dies to cut out the images. It just makes me happy. I really like the endless possibilities that there are with these stamps. I have mixed two sets together for this particular card.

DSC_5854 copy

I embossed a piece of neutral cardstock with Hero Arts Fabulous Flourish stamp. Just a simple tone on tone but although it is subtle, it makes a huge difference.

With the exception of the tree, the images were stamped onto Neenah cardstock, die-cut and then colored with copic markers. For the tree, I used the log from one set and the branch from another that I stamped onto kraft cardstock using Hero Arts Cup O Joe shadow ink.

I created some snow drifts with Neenah cardstock that I sponged with Tumble Glass distress ink. A few different ribbons from my stash and some adhesive pearls and my card was done :)

DSC_5855 copy

Lawn Fawn Products Used:

into the woodswinter sparrowswinter sparrows - lawn cuts

That is it for me. I am off to enjoy some TV time (I have a ton of episodes waiting for me on our PVR) and wait for our pizza to arrive. Yum. A great start to the weekend :)

Hugs Jeanette xxo

1 comment:

mgoll88 said...

nice creation

LG
Michaela

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails