Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sketch Saturday DT Card

Happy Saturday! Hope that wherever you are, the sun is shining down on you! Today I have my Sketch Saturday card to show you. This week, our wonderful Sem is hosting the challenge and she arranged for our sponsor, Whimsy Stamps to give the DT girls an image of their choice. For me, it was a no-brainer, I picked the lovely Touched by Love digital image.

2011 Whimsy - Page 078 

This was a Christmas image and the little girl had holly leaves in her hair. I decided to “erase”  the leaves and drew in the missing pieces of her hair. Love that you can do that with “digi” images.

I am going to be honest…my first attempt at coloring this ended in the bin. I really wanted the wings, her dress and the blanket to be white but on my first try I ended up with everything too grey. My second attempt I made a point to leave more areas uncolored, I used warm greys and cool greys and then BG000 and BV000 to keep the grey from looking too drab. I softened any lines with my colorless blender. Much better!

The patterned paper is by Webster’s Pages and the lace ribbon is Stampin Up. I have no idea where the flower is from. Sorry…it was alone and adrift in my flower bin!Here is a side view of the card:

2011 Whimsy - Page 079

Whimsy is offering a phenomenal prize this week so you are really going to want to enter this week. To see the pictures (yes, plural) of the stamps up for grab and to see the creations of my fellow SS DT sisters please visit us at Sketch Saturday.

Also, last night my amazing Stampin’ Up demonstrator emailed me to tell me about SU’s newest promotion: grab bags! ACK! Basically, supplies are limited so get them while it lasts, they have three sizes of them: $6 bag has $24 worth of product, $12 has $48 worth of product and the $18 has $72 worth of product!

I needed to buy more cardstock (ran out of my favorite Early Espresso) and at the same time I could not resist getting the $18 grab bag. I don’t care what is in it…it is Stampin’ Up so it will be good and if I get some duplicates of items I already have…..I’ll have a blog candy!

If you are Canadian, you can visit my demo Laura ~here~ to place an order. Mention I sent you and she will send a sample card in your order!

Have a great day everyone!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

7 comments:

yvon said...

Wow Claudia, what a gorgeous image, the colors are so fine and i love the flower.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Yvon

Berni said...

Jeanette, this is absolutely stunning. Just perfect.
Berni

Riet said...

So wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous! Love how you colored her hair!

Janette said...

wow you did a fab job at removing that, her hair looks perfect....very clever I think....your card is gorgeous, love it.xx

Debbie said...

Such as sweet sweet image, and what a beautiful job you did with it..

Hugs
Debbie

Steph said...

OMG!! this is beautiful. I would love to know what colors you used for her hair. Great job!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails