Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sugar~Sugar

The Sugar~Sugar challenge for this month over at the Sugar Bowl was to create a cracked glass effect using versamark and embossing powder. It was something I had never tried before but the DT's samples were so gorgeous and Judy's tutorial was very well done - I just had to try. I didn't have any of the ultra thick for the embossing so I just used my Stampin'Up clear embossing powder and it worked! Here is a close-up. I rubbed some Distress Ink in Tea Dye over the image to emphasize the cracks.

Once again, my Gorjuss girls were calling out to be colored so I chose this sweet one and inspired by my friend Gill, I colored her hair a funky color. I ended up making a book mark because now my sweet image will be protected from wear and tear! Thank you so much to all the Sweeties over at the Sugar Bowl. You inspired me to try something new and I LOVE the end-result!
Here is the inside of the book-mark. The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms.

Have a great day and tomorrow I will be back with my card for Sketch Saturday! Sorry I haven't been round commenting a lot this week. My sweeties are on spring break so we are out and about enjoying the mild weather and a vacation from any type of schedule at all!

22 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh Jeanette this turned out gorgeous!! I love the colors and what a cool idea!! Love that CHF sentiment as well! Beautiful cracked glass! It is easy and has such a pretty effect ~ love your distressing as well! :)Kathy

Anki said...

Sweet card and I love her funky hair colour. Might try that one next week when it's time to visit my hairdresser ;-) Enjoy Spring break! Kram - Anki

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours xou used! Cute Gorjuss girl. Love the way your blog looks! Hugs, moni

Riet said...

oh woww Jeanette,what a beautiful card,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Monique said...

Jeanette, this is gorgeous! great job with the challenge.

xx Monique

Joey said...

Hi Jeanette, this is fabulous, I love the image with this colour hair! suits her!. joey.x

Sue said...

oh she is gorgeous great card fabby colours, not tried this yet,sue.x

Michele Roos said...

Gorjuss bookmark Jeanette. Love the technique, must give this one a try. Michele x

Lilian said...

Jeanette, this is just beautiful! Thanks for joining Sugar Sugar this month. :)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Gorjuss Jeanette! Love the crack glass, it's perfect. Such a sweet image, loving these girls! :) Have a great weekend.

COCO said...

oh Jeanette c'est vraiment magnifique j'adoooore les couleurs que tu as utiliser pour colorier ton nelly sugar c'est vraiment superbe !!!
gros bisous coco

Ila said...

Oh My!! this is is So Gorgeous!! I love the cracked glass..and your coloring is Beautiful!!...Have a Great Weekend!!..Hugs, Ila
p.s...your son and I would play boxing well together...lol...I'm just a clicker too..Haa ha

Anonymous said...

What a stunning creation Jeanette!! Love your cracked glass!! :)

Heike's Creativeplace said...

ahhhh Jeanette, this is so cute. Wonderful colors and effects, love the Image so much....

Hugs
Heike

Have a great Weekend..

cats whiskers said...

What awesome colour you have used dear and they suit her so well, she looks fabulous, and I love yoru crackle glaze. I am in awe of your work once again
Hugs jacqui x

Erin... said...

Oooooh Jeanette so beautiful!! Your gorjuss girl is gorgeous!! Love the technique! And that super sweet image! Have a fun weekend.

Deb said...

wow, amazing book mark, I love it Jeanette! I must give this a try, fabulous technique!
Enjoy your holidays with your little ones!
Hope you have a great weekend, hugs Debx

Christine Riley said...

Too cute, I love the colors you chose.
Hugs, Christine :)

ribenaruby said...

Love the cracked effect Jeanette, beautiful image and colours.

Kelly Schelske said...

Soi fun, great colors, love the Gorjuss girl!!

Hugs, Kelly

sugarnellie said...

Love it, amazing colouring.
Karen

Kim Dellow said...

Just beautiful, I love your colouring. Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails