Friday, March 20, 2020

Friend ~ Whimsy Special Release

Happy Friday my lovelies. I hope that you are all safe and healthy wherever you are.  We are just one week into self-isolation and we are doing okay.  It is such a strange time and we are ALL going through it together and we all have to do our part.

I was happy to get my mind off of things for a wee while and create this card.  The Sunflower Background Rubber Cling is a pretty big stamp and really is all the image you need for the card. I stamped it with some Ink on 3 fadeout ink and then water-colored it using Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.


I watercolored the background a light blue using a Zig Marker and a fine paint brush and once it was dry, I sponged the background using some distress inks.  I then spritzed water over top and tapped it with a dry paper towel to give it this distressed look.


The sentiment was created by diecutting the word “friend” from the Friend Word and Shadow Die set using some dark brown cardstock. I used the same cardstock to create an A2 sized card base.  I did add a strip on vellum underneath the sentiment to create  a bit of interest while not obscuring the image completely.

I have a good friend whose favorite flower is the sunflower so I think I will pop this into the mail for her.  I hope it will brighten up her day.

Supplies


Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails