Friday, May 17, 2019

Mermaid at Heart

Happy Friday! It is almost the weekend and I am ready for it! How about you? I am hoping for some warmer weather and maybe a little sunshine instead of rain. We’ll have to see. Usually I am starting to get my garden and planters in order at this time of the year but this year is still so darn cold! I guess I will have to wait a little longer!

Today I wanted to share this card with you that features the new mermaid image from Whimsy Stamps: Mermaid IsabelleIsn’t she a beauty?  I decided to go away from my usual mermaid background colors of blues and greens and create instead, a golden pink background.  Once I had the background completed, I decided to color the rest of the scene with the same colors and tones.  I really like how it all turned out.

I first started by stamping Mermaid Isabelle onto Neenah cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then masking her .To create the background, I used some distress inks and one hero arts ink (listed and linked in the supplies list) and the  Sun Rays Stencil. I used the school of fish stamp that comes in the  Let’s Be Mermaids Clear Stamp Set and stamped them repeatedly and randomly over the background. The sentiment comes from that same set and was stamped with Versafine Black Onyx Ink.



Once I had the background completed, I color up the image using Copic markers and then added some white dot detail using a white pen.

Copic Markers Used:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, E04, R30, R20
Hair: E50, YR30, YR21, YR23
Eyes: YG23, G07
Top and Tail: R01, R02, E93, R22, R24
Seahorse: YG00, YG23, YG25, BG11
Shell: E50, E81, E84, 0
Seaweed: YG23, YG25, BG11


*NEW Mermaid Isabelle Rubber Cling Stamp

Let's Be Mermaids Clear Stamps

Sun Rays Stencil

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend

Hugs Jeanette xxo



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails