Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Christmas Series 2018 | Day # 5 Little Christmas Helpers

Happy Tuesday! I hope you are having good week! I had a bit of a crazy week last week and so I am a little later in getting this posted than I wanted.  I am so excited to share this card with you because I really LOVE how it turned out and I am automatically filled with festive excitement whenever I look at it! this is the fifth in my Christmas Series videos for 2018!

I am a sucker for Lawn Fawn stamp sets and when I saw the new Holiday Helpers stamp set, I immediately thought how perfectly it would pair with the previously released Christmas Dreams set! So, with that thought, I began to dream of the perfect holiday scene!  A sweet little elf couple busy wrapping Santa’s presents for everyone on his nice list. Here they are: cozy and comfortable in front of a roaring fire, with some sweet cocoa and a faithful hound snoozing in the corner.

I first diecut the Mama Elephant Madison Avenue frame from some Neenah cardstock and then started laying out all the various stamps.  This way I can visualize the scene and make sure that I am adding enough elements to create a nice balanced look!  I then created a textured wall and floor using some older supplies that have been much neglected.  I could not find the exact embossing folder and embossing plate but I found very similar ones that would create the same look.  They are linked below in the supply list.

There are a lot of images on this card and a whole lot of coloring went into it. I was very  mindful to use the same marker combinations to color all the reds and greens, etc. I think this makes the card look more cohesive.  I also added interest by having some of the elements extend past the confines of the border. I love how that looks! To add some glitter and shine, I added Nuvo Glitter drops to various elements. I am really suprised how much better I like these Glitter drops compared to my beloved Stickles.


Video Tutorial:
Click HERE to view in HD format

Supplies:

 

Copic Markers Used:

Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20

Hair Girl: YR30, YR31

Hair Boy: E34, E31

Fireplace: YR30, YR18, YR24, YR31, C3, C5,W1,W3,C1, W5

Red: R37, R35, R32

Green: YG17, YG23, YG21

Belt: C9, YR30, YR31

Fur Trim: C3, C1

Star: YR24, YR31

Tree: YG17, YG21, YG23, E34, E31

Dog: E30, E31, E34

Aqua: BG23, BG11, G00

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to subscribe so as not to miss my next videos and post for my Christmas series! A new one is coming up in a few days!

Hugs Jeanette xxo


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails