Monday, October 12, 2015

Whimsy Penguin Shaker Card + Video

Happy Monday! I have a fun, interactive shaker card to share with you today as well as an accompanying video sharing how I created it from start to finish.

My card feature some products from Whimsy Stamps’ October 20158 release.

DSC_0007_edited-1

The focal image is Penguins Carrying Tree and is a rubber stamp from the October release. How sweet is this image? I love the sense of movement and so making a shaker card was a fun way to showcase these sweet penguins. I colored the tree up using fine strokes with my Copic Markers. In the video I will show you how to do this to create the look of pine needles.

DSC_0008_edited-1

To create a nice scene, I used the Stitched Border dies to create some snow banks and the new clear, polymer set Snowflake wishes to emboss snowflakes onto some blue cardstock. I later went in with a fine-tipped, white Sharpie Poster Paint pen to create some falling snow. I used a sentiment from the same set and stamped it in Hero Arts Soft Pool ink.

DSC_0005_edited-1

I added two colors of sequins and then for a little extra flurry of snow, some fine glitter. I ran my embossing buddy over both the acetate and the scene so that the fine glitter wouldn’t stick permanently to them. A little tap and the glitter falls to the bottom :)

DSC_0006_edited-1

Here is the video sharing how I created my shaker card.

If you would like to see this video in HD, please visit my YouTube Channel HERE

Whimsy Stamps
http://whimsystamps.com/

October 2015 Release
Penguins Carry the Tree Rubber Stamp
Snowflake Wishes Clear Polymer Stamp Set

Stitched Border Die Trio

Other Supplies:
Neenah Solar Crest White Cardstock
White Fine Tip Sharpie Poster Paint Pen
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Hero Arts Soft Pool Ink
Wink of Stella Black Pen
Clear Acetate
Sequins & Glitter
Big Shot
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Die Set
Scotch Adhesive Tape Gun

Copic Markers:
Penguins: C1,C3,C5,C7, E31, E33, E35
Beak: YR31, YR23
Feet: YR31, YR23, YR07
Tree: YG61, YG63, YG67
Blue Scarf: B93,B95,B97
Aqua Hat & Scarf: BG10, BG11 BG13, C1,C3, 0
Red Scarf: R30, R32, R35

I hope you enjoyed this snowy shaker card. I know that I had a ton of fun making it!

Thanks for swinging by! Until next time :)

Hugs Jeanette xxo

1 comment:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh, this shaker card is simply darling. Sure love how you colored it...made me smile.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails