Saturday, December 28, 2013

One last post for 2013

Happy Saturday my lovelies! You may have noticed that my blog has been a wee bit abandoned these last few weeks. We went away on vacation, returning just in time to host our family at our home for Christmas.

I had the very best intentions to have my blog run smoothly without a blip, but in the end, I got way too busy and didn’t get the chance to update here. There was a mountain of things to get done prior to leaving. All my Christmas shopping was done and wrapped. All the cards were mailed out and I baked things in advance that could be frozen. For my paper-crafting, I had to work ahead and get all my DT work done, photographed and mailed out. For Whiff of Joy, I had to get everything organized for the team so that our 16 Days of Christmas Stocking events would run smoothly. Boy, did I need the vacation….we all did.

Quality family-time is super important to us and so spending this time away with the kids at a beautiful beach resort in Jamaica was something we worked very hard to achieve. It was a time of total disconnect from any phones or computers and I think this is the best way to ensure you are totally enjoying every second you have on vacation. We laughed so hard and played equally as hard and took time to discover as much as we could about the marine life we saw while snorkelling. I learnt that the very strange and unusual fish that I was so intrigued by was in fact a barracuda. OOPS. Good thing it was only a small one. My littlest one mastered the act of snorkelling and learnt that it probably is better not to talk while your head is under water and even better to remember to keep the tube ABOVE water. LOL! We met a lot of interesting and fun people. Both visitors to the resort like us as well as the people who worked at the resort. Such a great experience to talk with people from all over the world. Yah mahn! I think we heard that a million times. We even started saying it! The rooms were beautiful and we could see the beach from our ground level balcony. The food was amazing, and there was so much variety.

I never really let on when we go away on vacation. I am cautious that way. In the same way that I am cautious about posting personal photos of my family. I do have a few photos that I can share of our glorious week away in Jamaica. We sailed, we snorkelled and hubby and the eldest water-skied. The other boys were too young and I was too chicken know my limitations. An all-inclusive resort made it so very relaxing and a tad decadent, but definitely worth it! Here is just a snippet. The one of me was taken by my middle son who requested I pose in that way. He liked the way my hair looked and so how could I say no? It was funny that I agonized for months about dying my hair a darker color. I finally did and one week in Jamaica basically lightened it right back!

DSC_6135 copyDSC_6470DSC_6525 copyDSC_6479 copy

And here is a band that came and played one night. I don’t know how they do it, but it was fantastic. This is not my video but one that I found on You-tube.

 

So, in the New Year I will have new things to post and share. For now I will wish you a very happy and prosperous 2014 and leave you with a photo of my youngest son’s teddy cuddling Acer who is our Elf on the Shelf. He left us Christmas eve to go back home with Santa.

DSC_6687 copy

Thanks for all your support! Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails