Friday, April 13, 2012

A couple of shares

 

Happy Friday! Hope you aren’t superstitious as I have just realized it is the 13th!

I have been somewhat AWOL this week as I have been busy getting caught up with housework and such. I also was a parent volunteer on a field trip for my little guy. He made my heart melt when he turned to me on the bus ride home and said “Thank you so much for coming on this trip Mummy.” Awwww. It was a fun trip as we visited a horticulture centre and they learned about seeds and plants. Who knew a potato was a stem? I always thought it was a root. I learned a few things too!

So I have two things to share with you! The first one is an altered band-aid tin. I had altered it a few years back with a Magnolia stamp and I am actually surprised how well it held up but the time came to change it up and I knew exactly which stamp to use: Whiff of Joy’s Comfort the Baby.

Bandaid container

Love, love this image. How many times have I applied a band-aid, a kiss and a hug to my boys and on occasion to one of their stuffed animals? It always tugs at my heart that a little kiss from me makes it feel better.

After coloring the image, I laminated it and then adhered it to the tin with scor-pal tape. I added some ribbon and twine but that is it. This needs to be functional after-all!

My second card is for this week’s La-La Land Craft Stamps and our theme this week is to have an unusual hair color. RIght away I knew I wanted to color up Mermaid Marci! I saw Amy color a mermaid in aqua and orange and I loved that look, so I tried it out. Love, how it turned out.

018 copy

I used some old pieces of patterned paper from different companies that ended up matching really well. The button is Jenni Bowlin and the sentiment is from Verve Stamps.

Copic markers:
Skin: E00, E50, E01 R30, R20
Hair: BG11, BG13, BG18, YGOO, YGO3
Tail & top: Y11, Y15, YR02, YR04, YR09, E09

That is it for me! I have a bunch of DT work to get done before the kids get back from school and peace and quiet is gone! LOL!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

4 comments:

Colinda said...

Love the band aid tin!!1 Enjoy your weekend, Colinda

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute idea for the band aid tin. It turned out so cute.

I love your mermaid card. TFS.

Dianne said...

These are soooo cute! The band aid tin is super cute.

Hugs,
Dianne

Riet said...

So beautiful,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails