Monday, May 30, 2011

Stamp & Create Product Spotlight ~ Whiff of Joy

Happy Monday everyone! Do you want to laugh? I am one of those organized girls and I have absolutely every appointment, holidays, birthdays….well you get the picture…all on my computer agenda which is synced with my i-phone. I even programmed little alarms to alert me when it is time to go to piano lessons, soccer hockey…..

Last night it is bed-time for the kids and they say “…but we get to stay up later when we don’t have school the next day” Of course, I reply that it is Sunday evening and they DO have school. They in turn shout out…..”It’s a Ped day” I tell them that it isn’t. It is not in my agenda….I have not had a notice and that is that…but they keep insisting. So, we get out their school calendars and there it is. In black and white, the undisputable fact that they are in actual fact off tomorrow. I don’t know how it happened. I must not have entered that last one. The kids were doubly happy. They got to stay up an extra hour and they were right! ACK! I know I am not going to live this down. EVER.

My card today is for this week’s Stamp & Create Product Spotlight which is Whiff of Joy stamps! You all know how I feel about these amazing stamps! Now you have the chance to get any of those little cuties that have been on your wish-list and at 25% off!

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 166

I have used one of whimsical gnomes for my card. This sweet stamp is called I Miss You Gnome.  I think that this image is perfect for a card for someone who has just moved or even as a teacher appreciation card.

It is a fairly large image and I thought I would incorporate a little sky and grass. I did this with my Copic ABS system. I have a little cloud template that I used for when I was air-brushing the sky.

I thought the image already had a lot going on and I didn’t want to overwhelm my card with too much more so I did  little machine stitching around the card and added just a thin band of patterned paper from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry collection. The buttons are Basic Grey Pyrus and I also added some red mini pom-pom ribbon for a little added dimension.

This card is a little different from my usual style but I ended up really loving the folksy and homespun look! Hope you do too!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

1 comment:

Louise said...

Hi Jeanette, love it. Great colours and everything blends in so well together.
Louise :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails