Monday, August 23, 2010

Stamp & Create Product Spotlight ~ High Hopes Challenge

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend :) Today I have two projects to show you! The first one is for the Stamp & Create Spotlight which for the second week is the High Hopes Dustin Pike images. I said it last week and I will say it again this week; they are quirky, humorous and cute and my go-to stamps when I have to make a card for a “boy” no matter what age!

Once again this week, Stamp & Create will be offering the Dustin Pike stamps at 25% off.  What a great time to add the couple that have been on your wish-list! Please check the challenge blog to see the other wonderful creations made by the other DT members. They are sure to bring a smile to your face!

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 157 

This week I used a stamp that I having been wanting to use for some time. This one is called “Birthday Fish” and for a change of pace, I colored him up with my Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS. Whenever I use Dustin Pike images I go with a clean and simple layout and today is no exception. Just to keep the card from being too plain, I added this sweet mini pom-pom ribbon in ivory! I added a little bit of stickles to the bubbles in the balloon. You can see it better in this photo.

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 156

*****

My second project is actually my creation for the High Hopes Challenge. I should have had it posted yesterday but my day got away from me! LOL! I think it is a good thing )blog-wise) that Summer is drawing to a close. I promise to be more dependable!

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 158

The challenge was to make “anything but a card” and so I immediately thought that I could use this cutie “Little Reader” and make a bookmark for my middle son! He is onto his second book in the series of “Diary of a Wimpy Kid”.  He is enjoying reading and is laughing while he does so I am not going to complain.

The bookmark was easy-peasy to make. I just used my nesties to create the circles and and cut two of the red scalloped ones. I then used the score-pal tape to adhere the giant paperclip in between the two scallops. It will be sure to stay secure if you use score-pal tape!

The image took very little time to color and I added some glossy accents to the lenses in his glasses! The smile on my little guy’s face when I gave it to him made my day!

If you are looking to purchase High Hopes stamps why not check out our Diva's stores:

Amy Wegener - Stampin' Stuff based out of Australia
Nikki Fairbairn -
Bunny Zoe's Crafts based out of the UK/Europe
Lacey Stephens -
Stamp and Create based out of the US
Amy Leggate -
Paper Romance based out of Canada
Karen Goguen/Cathy Siroski -
The Rubber Room based out of Canada

*****

I have a few bits of new for you!

header

First of all, I have been working hard on my DT cards featuring the newest Whiff of Joy release! OMGosh I am having so much fun! The DT will start showing sneaks peeks starting on August 25th and the release will go live on Septmeber 1st! Should I give you a hint? Okay, just a small one…..do you like mice, do you like Christmas?  LOL! You are going to LOVE this release!

*****

Second bit of news is that Motivet has just released new stamps! Oh…they are gorgeous. I just received my DT package and I am going to get to work on these cuties. Stephanie has an AMAZING blog candy right now and you could win the new release! Just click on the banner below and it will take you to the correct post to enter!

 

Motivet also has new digital personalized images! Check them out. I am definitely going to get a few of these.

Whew! Okay that was a long post…..but I had a lot to share with you all! Have a great day! I am going to cuddle my little guy all day……he goes to kindergarten next Monday………….my baby……………I am having a hard time dealing :(

2 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful Jeanette,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Debbie said...

Love both your projects.. great job

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails