Saturday, June 8, 2019

Dream Big Little Mermaid

Happy Saturday! I have a new mermaid inspired card to share with you. As you may know by now, I really love to combine older stamp products with new ones.  In this case, the stamp set I used: Let’s Be Mermaids is one that was released last year and I have combined it with the new  Ocean StencilThe stencil has quite a lot of elements, I have only used a few. I know that I will have to use the stencil again soon so that I can use the shark and diver images together!

I have put the sweet mermaid in a little cave and she seems to be hiding from her other ocean friends.  The cave was hand-drawn and inspired by the very talented Amy Young’s latest creations where her mermaids are hanging out near caves. They make a really interesting element when you are trying to create a scene!

The first thing that I did was to stamp the mermaid onto some Neenah Solar Crest White cardstock.  I then penciled in the outline of the cave and the rocks that she is sittingon.  I colored the mermaid, the sand, cave, rocks and the water with Copic Markers (I’ve listed them down at the bottom of this post).  I then used various Distress Inks and the  Sun Rays Stencil and Ocean Stencil to sponge on the other elements.

I then stamped, colored and cut out the shells collage and added that to the card.  The sentiment which is included in the Mermaid set was stamped used my Misti and Versafine Black Onyx ink.  I find that this ink gives very crisp, black images and is wonderful to use when stamping sentiments.




Let’s Be Mermaids Clear Stamp Set

Let's Be Mermaids Clear Stamps

Ocean Stencil

*NEW Ocean Stencil

Sun Rays Stencil

Sun Rays Stencil

Versafine Black Onyx Ink

Distress Inks Used:

Abandoned Coral

Twisted Citron

Mermaid Lagoon


Copic Markers Used:

Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20

Hair: E50, E53, E55

Tail: YG11, YG41, G19, G28

Shells: R30, R22, YG11, YG41, G19 E81, E84, C3, C5, 0

Cave & Rocks: C3, C5, C7

Water: B000, B00

Sand: E30, E31, E33

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Have a great day!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails