Friday, April 20, 2018

Fairy and Her Bunny | Whimsy Stamps + Video

Happy Friday everyone! I have a new card and video to share with you featuring Whimsy Stamps.  I totally adore all these gorgeous images from Marina Fedatova’s Fairy line. They are so sweet and delicate and they pair up just beautifully with all of Whimsy  Stamps’ sentiments and especially their background stamps and stencils.

For this particular card, I was trying to channel Spring, as it has still not arrived here in Quebec. We just had another bout of freezing rain and woke up to snow on the ground….again. It is the middle of April and my kids are home because school had to be cancelled due to all the ice on the roads. Where are the tulips and buds on the trees?  So, as I was saying, I guess I am going to have to try to create a little bit of Spring magic here in my craft studio and hope that it will soon appear for real!!

I had colored up this cutie and cut the Neenah cardstock to measure 4.0” x 5.25”. More and more, I am liking CAS cards (Clean and Simple). They really let the image be the star of the card.  I did want to add some type of background but, truth be told, I felt too lazy to create a mask for the image.  Then I realized that I could use the Farmhouse stencil and carefully sponge the ink around the image without adding ink on top of the image. I used 3 different distrss inks: Twisted Citron Distress Oxide, Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn. This gave dimension and texture to all the leaves and made it seem like this little fairy and her bunny friend are nestled amongst some fresh, leafy greenery.  By using the smaller sponge dauber as opposed to the larger ranger sponge blenders, I was able to be very precise in where I added the ink! I love how easy this was to do and how dramatically it transformed the image.

The last step was to add the sentiment. I picked a couple of the words from the Farmhouse Wreath Clear stamp set. I love the font and how easily you can mix and match the different words to create your own unique, personalized sentiment. The very last thing I did was to add some clear adhesive rhinestones for a touch of sparkle!


Video Tutorial:
Click HERE to view in HD format

n HD format


Supplies:

Whimsy Stamps

Fairy and her Bunny Rubber Stamp:

Fairy and Her Bunny

Farmhouse Stencil:

Farmhouse Greenery Stencil

Farmhouse Wreaths Clear Stamp Set

Farmhouse Wreaths

Copic Markers
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink



 fairy-copic-markers

Thanks for stopping by!  I was happy to have the time and the energy to be a little bit more chatty. These last months have been hard on me and I have had no energy….it has been hard to stay on top of our lives, let alone write creative blog posts. Thanks for staying and sticking with me!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

1 comment:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

These fairies really are my favourites. I have loved Marina Fedotova for so long and your creation is just gorgeous! I love the way you used the stencil and your gorgeous colouring. Fabulous tutorial. You're so lovely to watch in action. Hugs, Wends xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails