Friday, May 12, 2017

Somebunny |MFT Card Set + Video

Happy Friday! The sun is finally shining (although they are calling for more rain tomorrow) so I am planning to profit from the nice weather and start tackling the yard-work. I have a sweet set of cards to share with you as well as a how-to video. This is a set from My Favorite Things. It is not a new release but I think it may have been released last year? It caught my eye earlier this month and it just fell into my on-line shopping cart. Funny how these things happen! I didn;t know what type of card I was going to make but I knew that I wanted to color these up with Zig Real Brush Clean color makers (honestly – couldn’t these have a shorter name?). These cards evolved as I was making them and it was a funny and relaxing project!

I really like how these turned out. I used the same techniques on each card but by changing up the colors, they look unique. I do like how they still “read” as a set. I could send these out individually or gift them as a little notecard set.

I created the sentiments by stamping that same word “Somebunny” onto each card, but then I switched up the second line for each of the cards so they all say something different. I also used two different background stamps to create the embossed mat. I really love the instant pop the white embsoosed design lends to the cards.

There were a lot of steps to these cards but because I created them assembly line style, it didn’t take an unreasonable amount of time.

You will find the how-to video and the linked supply list after all these photos :)

 

Video Tutorial:
Click HERE to view in HD format

Supplies:

zig-colors

 

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Mother’s Day!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

2 comments:

CD Metcalf said...

hi Jeanette...just love watching your videos, you do such amazing work. have a couple questions for you. how do you store your masks after you create them? also why do you have washi tape on your long magnet? I've seen a couple people do that and wasn't sure why. thanks for sharing the videos with us. cd metcalf

jeanettec67 said...

I just adhere my masks to the front of the stamp set acetate. That way they are with my stamp. I put washi tspe on my magnet to make it easier to pick up. The magnet is super strong so having the washi tape edge makes it eastern to pull up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails