Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Joyfold Card | Sympathy and Birthday from Whimsy Stamps

Happy Wednesday! It is already “hump” day and I still have so much to do! The Spring so far has been quite cold and wet. I have not yet planted a thing and I am really anxious to get started. All I have done so far is do a good clean up of the garden beds. I am hoping we soon will get a stretch of nice, warm, dry weather!

Today I have a fun card fold to share with you that turns an A2 sized card into something a little more special. This is called a Joyfold Card and is something that I learned at the very beginning of my card-making days. I have fallen back in love with it. Today’s tutorial is based off of the one I used from Splitcoaststampers many moons ago. You can see it here.

This first card is a birthday themed one and I love how soft and pretty it turned out. The paper is from a digital pack from Whimsy Stamps and the die-cut words and stamped, embossed butterflies are also from Whimsy. Here you see the card folded up.

In this photo below, you can see that once the card is open, I have another embossed sentiment on the front inside flap. With this card style, you can add more stamps and images that are a bit of a surprise for the recipient!

This next card is a Sympathy card. I have been needing far too many of this card type recently. I like to send cards that are simple and elegant and I was happy with the way this one turned out. Again, everything is from Whimsy Stamps. You can find all the product links a little bit further below in this post.

 

Cutting Measurements :

Cardstock :                4.25”  x 8.5" and score at 5.25"

                                   3.0” x 8.0” and score at 4.0”

 

Patterned Paper:       4.0” x 5.25”

                                  2.75” x 3.75”

                                  2.75” x 4.0”

Video Tutorial:
Click HERE to view in HD format

Supplies:

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to try out this special card fold on your next creation!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails