Thursday, April 13, 2017

Birthday Wishes–Colored Pencils over Copic Coloring + Video

Happy Thursday! Hoping that you all will have a wonderful Easter Holiday. I love this time of the year!

I have a new video to share with you that features 2 brand new products that were part of Whimsy Stamps’ April release as well as some other products from previous releases. My Whimsy Stamps stash is growing and I am LOVING the endless possibilities I have for projects as I combine different stamps, dies, papers and embellishments. I makes this crafty girl’s heart go pitter-patter!

This image is called Hope and is part of the Wee Stamps collection illustrated by teh very talented Sylvia Zet. I really love her sweet images. They are a dream to color. I wanted to share a technique that I sometimes use when I want to add an extra layer of depth to my coloration.

I stamped my image onto Neenah Solar White cardstock using Memento Tuxedo black ink. Both are my go-to products whenever I color with Copic Markers or Colored pencils. I first colored the image using Copic Markers and once I was completely finsihed with the markers, I added color with my Koh-i-noor Woodless colored pencils. These pencils blend like butter or should I say “buddah”?  The pigmentation is really rich and saturated and they have such a lovely feeling and weight to them. I love my Prismacolors but I love these equally as much and the small set that I own is really quite affordable :) In the how-to video below, you will see how I layer the colored pencils onto the copic coloration and then how I go on to finish up my card.

I die cut the scene out using Whimsy’s Many Thanks card builder die set. This set is amazing. You can see how the large die creates a perfectly sized mat to add onto an A2 sized cardbase. The tiny little cut out hearts add lots of interest without detracting from the image.

The sentiment was created using two newly released products. The word “birthday” was die cut using the Birthday Wishes Magical word die set. There are 3 words included in the set and I really love how easily they cut through this gold foil paper. A look that I am currently OBSESSED with. Then, I stamped the word “wishes” that comes in teh Birthday Wishes Magical Word clear stamp set. A fantastic set and I look forward to combining these two new sets to creat more sentiments that combine two different components! YAY!

Video Tutorial:
Click HERE to view in HD format

Supplies:

 

 

      Koh-i-Noor Woodless Pencils Set

 

Menda Dispensing Bottle

 
 
Copic Markers Used:
Skin: E000, E00, E13, E95
Hair: E50, E51, E53, E55
Green: G40, G43
Pink: RV52, RV63, RV55
Chest: E71, E74, E77
Clasp: YR30, Y23
Puppy: C1, C3, C5, 0

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

2 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Jeanette this is so enchanting! I love this gorgeous image. So wistful and sweet and your colouring is sublime! Love the CAS card design too, really lets the image feature. Beautiful!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

lritchie said...

Jeanette, beautiful card, absolutely stunning, the coloring is amazing. I contacted the manufacturer of these pencils but they don't ship to Canada. I see I can get them on Amazon as well, Zig brush markers after than!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails