Thursday, May 26, 2016

Whimsy Stamps Lemon-Aid + Video

Happy Friday! I haven’t been in my studio much these days. The school semester is over for my eldest who just completed his first year in CEGEP! The other two boys are in the final stretch of school….this means school projects and studying for those end of the year exams. Why does this mean that my studio time is sparse? Well, the kids like to create their projects in my studio because well there is a ton of space and they seem to like all those crafty tools that Mum has ;) The second reason my time in the studio has been sparse is because it is FINALLY warm enough to start planting my vegetable, herb and flower gardens. I have a ton of perennial plants that need tending and some TLC and that just has been eating up my time!

I DO have a fun CAS card that I made featuring Whimsy Stamps’ new Lemon-Aid stamp set. Love, love this set! I knew I wanted to keep it simple and just so a ton of coloring and blending to make the image jump out!

DSC_1024 copy

There is just a pop of red on the image itself – on the cross and first-aid kit. By adding the panel to a red card base, it makes that little bit of red on the card pop even more and just ties the card together.

DSC_1026 copy

I used a scalloped die rectangle that feature a sweet faux stitching detail that adds so much interest to the card. I have been reaching for this die over and over. The Gamsol and Prismacolor pencil blending is quick and easy and just is the final touch on the coloration :)

DSC_1023 copy

Video Tutorial:
Click HERE if you would prefer to see this video in HD.

 

Supplies:

Here is the glass bottle that I used to store my Gamsol. Currently it is unavailable but if you keep an eye on it, hopefully it will be back in stock soon. I love, love this bottle and the fact that it keeps me safe from the OMS fumes. I had originally purchased this bottle about 8 years ago from an on-line store that no longer carries it. It was one of my YouTube subscribers who found the bottle over at Amazon and was kind enough to share it with me so that I could pass it on to you guys. I LOVE our community!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day.

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails