Happy Thursday! I have some fun treat boxes and mini-cards to share with you today. All supplies were from the Whimsy March Card kit. The kit is on pre-order now and will ship out March 16th. Please be aware that there are a limited amount of kits available and once they are gone, they are gone. So if you don’t want to miss out, be sure to to and get yours HERE.
Since the kit has a Spring/Easter theme, I created some Easter treat boxes and mini cards. One piece of 8.5” x 11” cardstock can make the base for one treat box AND two mini cards. There is hardly any wastage going on at all! The pink ones were made first and then the green/blue ones were made as I did the video tutorial.
Here is a close-up of the box. I absolutely love this multi-colored chevron paper that is in the kit. The little bunny is from the rubber stamps set that comes with the kit. The stamp set will also be available to purchase separately on March 16th.
Click HERE if you would prefer to view on my YouTube channel.
Directions for Treat Box:
1. Cut a piece of cardstock to measure 6” x 11”.
2. With 6” side running along top of score board, score at 1” and 5”.
3. With 11’ side running along top of score board, score at 1”, 5”, 6”, 11”.
4. Fold all score lines.
5. Cut tabs on top and bottom and in the middle.
6. Fold and adhere tabs.
7. To create mat for top, cut a mat that measures 3.75” square, one that measures 3.5” square and a piece of patterned paper that measures 3.25” square.
8. Adhere together on top. Add die-cut “friend”, cut out image and tie with ribbon.
Directions Mini Cards:
1. Cut a piece of cardstock to measure 2.5” x 5.0”
2. Score at 2.5”
3. Create contrasting cardstock mat to measure 2.25” square
4. Create patterned paper mat to measure 2.0” square
5. Decorate card front as desired. Stamp image inside card with light ink.
Above is a photo of what I have made so far with the kit and below you will see what I still have left over! I have loads of product to make more spring-themed projects!
Next week I will be sharing two more videos. One is a coloration video for the Jillian and Friends Rubber stamp set that comes in the kit and the other video is a tutorial on making a side-step stair card!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Hugs Jeanette xxo