Monday, February 29, 2016

Vintage Balloons + Video

Happy Monday! I hope that your week has started off well :) ALL my kids are on Spring Break this week so I am looking forward to some fun and relaxation as we all recharge!

Today I have a vintage-themed card for you and there was no coloration involved! GASP! I know. It is rare for me not to color some aspect of my card but by choosing patterned paper with soft watermarked images, using die cuts and shadow ink, you will see that no coloring was necessary. It was by far one of the fasted cards I have made. Thanks in part to the gorgeous collection from Whimsy that I used :) A detailed start to finish video can be found below so you can see exactly how I created this card.

DSC_0677 copy_thumb[1]

The starting off point for this card was of course the gorgeous stamp set with the gorgeous hot air balloons. Then in my scrap bin, I found a piece of this vintage look patterned paper from Bo Bunny. It is no longer available but there are so many similar papers out there that I am sure you will be able to find something to recreate the look.

DSC_0682 copy_thumb[1]

In addition to the Up, Up and Away stamp set, there are coordinating dies and an add-on sentiment set that I know I will be using over and over again. This is a great 3 piece set to have on hand to create bon voyage, graduation and even birthday cards. 

DSC_0685 copy_thumb[1]

I think that although this is a very simple card, little touches have a big impact and keep the card from being boring. Adding shadows to the balloons by off-setting some grey cardstock, popping up one of the balloons with foam tape and adding dimension the the clouds by sponging the edges: all of these things add to the card. I think I will be making more non-coloration cards in the future!

Video Tutorial:
Click HERE to view video on YouTube

 

Whimsy Products:

Supplies:

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed the video and that I have inspired you to create your own Vintage Balloon card.

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails