Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Copic Airbrushing with Masks

Happy Tuesday everyone! As promised, I am back today with another airbrushed background card and a video showing you how it was done.

I have relocated my Copic ABS to a small trolley that I can wheel right over to my work station and then wheel away when I don’t need it. I find that this small change has made a world of difference in how often I use it. It is all amount easy access!

I picked up a Memory Box stencil/mask over at Scrapbook Centrale on my last visit. I had been looking at the MFT Spider web die but I had to weight the price vs. how much use I was going to get out of it. TBH, it can really only be used for Halloween/Fall themed cards, so I decided not to get it. When I saw the Distressed Web masking stencil and the pretty nice price attached, it was a no-brainer.

I was really, really happy in how the airbrushing turned out. It was thrilling to pull away the mask and see the result!

DSC_8058 copy

As you can see, there is an almost velvet look to the background. I love, love it! I had used a white card-base measuring 4.25” x 5.00”. This sweet image from Whiff of Joy’s Fall kit was the absolute perfect image to add to it!  If you neglected to pick up the kit while it was on pre-order, I am sure this will be coming out in digital form very soon!

I created another smaller card using the same technique and Copic colors. I posted that card yesterday and here is the video that I made:

Hope that this has inspired you to try using a mask/stencil to create a fun background. You could also use distress inks and foam applicators if you don’t have an airbrush system :) Here is the stencil that I used:

Memory Box Stencils, Distressed Web

Thanks for stopping by today.

Hugs Jeanette xxo

1 comment:

marion said...

Did not know you had a airbrush compressor as well, but it looks fabulous the spiders web and isn't it fun to use to compressor :), lovely cards you made with it, hugs, Marion

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails