Happy Tuesday! Here I am back again, You have the rainy day that we had yesterday to thank. We were tucked indoors for a majority of the day and it gave me some extra time in my wee craft studio!
I am trying to build up a collection of cute little sets of cards that can be mailed off quickly and without a huge postage cost. Minimize the bulk and you will be able to send these at a reasonable price ;)
- Start with a few different colors of cardstock and matching ink pads.
- Cut the colored cardstock to measure 4’ x 5.25”.
- Cut card bases from regular white cardstock to measure 4.25’ x 5.5”. Fold in half and round corner.
- Using a background stamp, stamp each piece of colored cardstock with the coordinating ink. Round upper right corner.
- Pick a focal image stamp. I used the gorgeous WoJ Feather stamp set for my cards. Emboss using white embossing powder.
- Cut vellum strips to measure 2” x 4”. Sew onto your colored cardstock with white thread. I used a zig zag stitch.
- Adhere to the car dbases. Add assorted bling and stamp your sentiment with black ink. I used various sentiments from Whiff of Joy.
- Set aside to dry so that the ink sets and will not smear on the vellum
That’s it. By doing this in assembly line steps, you will have a whack of cards in no time flat!
Hope this has inspired you to make your own set of cards :)
Hugs Jeanette xxo