Saturday, January 18, 2014

Whiff of Joy January Sneak Peeks ~ Day #3

LoveYouDeeply_startpageHappy Saturday morning my lovelies! Do you have any fancy plans for the week-end? Mine aren’t fancy at all but I do plan to get crafty in my studio. The two older boys will be studying for their mid-term exams so that means we will all be home-bodies this week-end.

Whiff of Joy’s first release of 2014 is nearly here and I think you are going to love all the new images and die-lights, oh my!

Here is a little sneak peekie that I am so happy to be sharing with you:

DSC_6735 copy

I am becoming a big fan of having a lot of “white” space on my cards. That doesn’t mean it has to be boring mind you. My card-base is the standard 4.25’ x 5.5” and then I cut another piece of cardstock to 4” x 5.25” and embossed it before adhering it to my case.

This sweet Maya image was colored with copics, binged up with some Wink of Stella clear pen and then fussy-cut. I created some pennant shapes using Authentique’s Lovely 6x6 paper pad and my square Spellbinders to create the notch. Here is one of my videos showing you how I do this:

For the gorgeous heart border, I used one of our soon to be released die-lights. I cut it out twice. Once with the pink paper and then once again using dark brown paper. I adhered them slightly off-set. This makes the shape pop off the page a little more.

Then I added some baker’s twine around the top of the pennants and scattered some light pink adhesive gems. Here is a close-up from a slightly different angle:

DSC_6737 copy

Here are product links for you. The image and heart die-light will be available as of January 20th.

 

Vine Street Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

Thanks for swinging by and have a gorgeous day :)

signature

6 comments:

Susi said...

Beautiful card, Jeanette. I like this white card stil but if I try I put on more and more embellisments and then: the card is full...
I like the new stuff so much and can't almost wait till monday =)
Have a nice weekend.
Susen

mgoll88 said...

what a wonderufll sweet image, looks fantastic and your card is very lovely, too!

LG
Michaela

Maria Sabina R. said...

Very beautiful!

Stacy Morgan said...

Festive and adorable, great sparkle too.

Evgenia Petzer said...

lovely card and love your coloring!

Doudou said...

So beautiful!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails