Saturday, January 26, 2013

Whiff of Joy January Project Theme ~ A Bookmark

Happy Saturday Everyone! Well, the cold snap is almost over and the temperature is rising…..thank goodness. I was in peril of losing some fingers or toes with the cold!

Today I am sharing a special project that I made. The Whiff of Joy Design Team will be creating a special project based on a specific theme every month. There will be a special posting on the World of Ideas blog on the last Saturday of each month.

For January, the project theme is:

A Bookmark

2013 woj bookmark

2013 woj bookmark inside

I am an avid reader and my boys and I always have a book (or two) on the go. Bookmarks are one of their favorite little surprise gifts that I give them. I had something a little more involved in mind with this one. I used my Silhouette SD to merge two tag shapes together with a fold in the middle. I know, it sounds complicated but it is actually quite easy. Love, love my little Silhouette SD!

This amazing image is brand-new and not even released yet. It will be featured in the Whiff of Joy Secret Spring Kit. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I colored it up with Copics and Prismacolor pencils. I used Hero Arts Wet Cement ink to stamp the grunge flourish onto the sides. It kept it from being too plain but doesn’t compete with the image at all. The banner and the arrows were die cut using brand new Whiff of Joy dies that were released last week. I added some wonderful boy themed charms (also from WoJ) with some twine. These can hang outside the book when it is closed.  I generated this Dr. Seuss quote on my computer. Something for my kids to ponder :)

Here are the links for you:

4 comments:

mgoll88 said...

Thats a fantastic bookmark...love henry as pirat and tehn phrase inside goes fantastic with it!

LG
Michaela

marion said...

What a lovely bookmark and love the poem inside. Hugs, Marion

Stacy Morgan said...

Super cute! I adore the charms on the inside, very sweet.

chrilvian said...

oh...im in love with the pirate

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails