Friday, March 16, 2012

Whiff of Joy Sneak Peek

Happy Friday! I am so excited to be able to share a sneak peek of the March Whiff of Joy Release with you all! The theme of this collection is Baby, Mothers and Family and I fell head over hells with the images the moment I saw them. For sure you can tell that these were drawn by a mother. I KNOW that you are all going to connect with these images the way I did :)

It was pretty hard to choose which card I wanted to show today and in the end I chose this one. The stamp is named “We are Family”.

1429 copy

The image was colored with Copic Markers and then I used Prismacolor pencils to add a soft blue background. After that, I sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress ink. To add a little more interest, I added small white dots randomly with a white poster paint Sharpie. This is my favorite pen to add white high-lights and can be found in most Artist/Craft stores.

The paper is from MME Lost & Found Sunshine Paper pack. I love the tones of yellow and aqua in this one. When I was planning out this card, I knew that I wanted to add a circular element to it. This is the design I came up with. Also, I was going for a more simple look. The only embellishment is a strip of Tim Holtz’ film strip running along the top. I wanted to give the card a feeling of being a “snapshot” in this cute Mouse Family’s life.

The sentiment is from Whiff of Joy’s Fall corner and sentiment set. Such a sweet and useful set that I have used over and over again.  I stamped it in Sepia Versa-mark ink and punched it out with the word window punch by Stampin’ Up.

I am sure you will be finding more sneak peeks put out by the WoJ design team over the next few days. The collection will be released on March 22nd so not too long for you to wait! I have more cards ready and will be sharing them with you over the next few days :)

Have a terrific day!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

3 comments:

chrilvian said...

ooooooooooo love it

Vicky said...

It's soooooo beautiful!!!!! Wow!

Sabrina aka Chaosküken said...

Your card is wonderful. I love this cute image and the papers and colors you used, particularly the wonderful film strip.

Hugs
Sabrina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails