Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sketch Saturday #170 ~ Lily of the Valley Card

Happy Saturday Everyone! It has been a few days since I last posted. I have been working on some projects for some upcoming releases and haven’t really been spending too much time on the computer Smile I am going to miss the kids when they go back to school next week but I think I will have a lot more time to devote to my blog Smile I also had a little blogger issue with last week’s Sketch Saturday post and I never got around to getting it posted. I PROMISE that the card will be up tomorrow. As my boys say “Pinkie Promise”!

There is so much that I want to get accomplished and sometimes so very little time. I hope to be able to start loading some cards onto Ebay again. I stopped when we had the postal strike and now I have to get back on top of that!

For today’s card I have used a Lily of the Valley image. I finally broke down and purchased some of their stamps because they are just too darn cute! This one made my hubby laugh because he is always teasing me about the amount of shoes I have. It is a weakness!

lotv girl & shoes copy

will be available for purchase on ebay ~here~

The pretty paper is from a My Mind’s Eye 6x6 paper pad from the Stella Rose collection. I used the color palette in my designer paper to choose my copic markers. I added some background shading with prismacolor pencils and OMS. I like the softness of this technique. I decided to “bling” up the shoe that she is trying on with some stickles and I added some to the rose in her hat. I also added a tiny little star gem adhesive to her shoe…if you look carefully you will see it.

lotv girl & shoes side

I added some black & white gingham ribbon from PTI to the card to pick up the black in some of the shoes. It makes a nice contrast and matches the scalloped mat that I cut for the image. I added a little pearl bling to two corners and made the roses myself with some felt and the MFT rolled roses die. I {heart} the added texture that this lends to the card!

Here is the sketch for this week. I have to say that I love a sketch with a circular shade for the image. So pretty.

SS-170

We are being sponsored this week with a lovely prize by the Craft Barn!

Have a great day!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

2 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Lovely card ♥

Riet said...

So beautiful card Jeanette,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails